This page is dedicated to NYSSMA events including Major Organization Festivals and Solo Festivals.
NYSSMA Major Organization:
2018 Participation N/A
2018 Participants. There are a couple of changes to NYSSMA taking place this year. In light of recent events and the lack of commitment demonstrated by some, these new requirements are now effective as of the 2016-2017 school year.
- You will be required to pay your participation fee. Fees range from $16 to $24 to $30. Upon committing for NYSSMA you will be required to hand me a check in March. No check, No participation.
- You MUST check in to see me for a lesson or lessons each month, starting in January, until the festival. If you do not come to a lesson in more than 2 months, your name will be removed from the NYSSMA list and you will receive your money back
- Solos MUST be performed for me 2 weeks prior to the festival. If the solos are not prepared well enough you will be given your check back and asked not to perform.
NYSSMA Soloists- Spring 2018
****The Date of NYSSMA Solo Festival will be June 1st and 2nd and it will be held at Shaker High School-
475 Watervliet Shaker Rd.
Latham, NY 12110
You need to plan out your transportation. Times will be come available as we get closer to our date.****
You will see your name and underneath that, you will see links to possible solos. Please listen and choose an option with Mr. Cerullo and please let him know BEFORE DECEMBER BREAK. Once you and him know your solo, you may begin to practice at home and sign up for lessons in school. You may end up singing the same song as someone else…and that’s OKAY! This is not a competition between you and other people, this is a challenge against yourself to see how well you can perform.
- Natalie Nelson*
- Jaden Maxwell*
- Jacquee Rundell*
- Peyton Robbins*
- Nevin Monroe*
- Kaden Wood*
- Ruth Brior*
- Wyatt Gereau*
- Chanson Romanesque or Chanson Epique (Romanesque- Beginning to 2:08, Eipque- 5:25 start)*
- Madison Jones*
- Michaela DeFranco*
* = You have spoken to Mr. Cerullo and selected your NYSSMA piece.