This page is dedicated to NYSSMA events including Major Organization Festivals and Solo Festivals.
NYSSMA Major Organization 2019:
The Dates for the festivals are April 15-17th (Mon-Wed). We will only be going one day during the school day. Stay tuned for more information!
Vocal NYSSMA SOLOISTS 2019:
There are a couple of changes to NYSSMA taking place this year. In light of recent events and the lack of commitment demonstrated by some, these new requirements are now effective as of the 2016-2017 school year.
- You will be required to pay your participation fee. Fees range from $16 to $24 to $30. Upon committing for NYSSMA you will be required to hand me a check in October. No check, No participation.
- You MUST check in to see me for a lesson or lessons each month, starting in September, until the festival. If you do not come to a lesson in more than 2 months, your name will be removed from the NYSSMA list.
- Solos MUST be performed for me 2 weeks prior to the festival. If the solos are not prepared well enough you will be asked not to perform.
NYSSMA Soloists- Spring 2019
****The Date of NYSSMA Solo Festival (non-all state) will be March 8th and 9th and it will be held at Maple Ave Middle School
515 Maple Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
****The Date of the NYSSMA Solo Festival (All State) will be May 10-11 and it will be held at Greenwich Junior-Senior High School
10 Gray Ave
Greenwich, NY 12834
If there are any interests in JAZZ solos, see Mr. Cerullo or Mr. Baker as you will be required to go to a separate festival not listed above.
You need to plan out your transportation. Times will be come available as we get closer to our date.****
You will see your name and underneath that, you will see links to possible solos (coming soon). Please listen and choose an option with Mr. Cerullo and please let him know BEFORE COLUMBUS DAY! Once you and him know your solo, you may begin to practice at home and sign up for lessons in school. You may end up singing the same song as someone else…and that’s OKAY! This is not a competition between you and other people, this is a challenge against yourself to see how well you can perform.
- Kirsten Librett (Gr 6)- Level 3 solo
- Gabbie Smith (Gr 7)- Level 2 or 3 solo (Sop)
- Natalie Nelson (Gr 8)- Level 3 solo*
- Jaden Maxwell (Gr 8)- Level 4 solo*
- Ruth Brior (Gr 8)- Level 4 solo*
- Jacquee Rundell (Gr 9)- Level 5 solo
- Peyton Robbins (Gr 9)- Level 4 solo
- Tanner Robbins (Gr 9)- Level 4 solo
- Nevin Monroe (Gr 9)- Level 4 solo*
- Kaden Wood (Gr 9)- Level 5 solo
- Gavin Smith (Gr 10)- Level 4 solo
- Caro Mio Ben
- If I Loved You
- Wyatt Gereau (Gr 11)- All State Level 6- Baritone
- Madison Jones (Gr 11)- All State Level 6- Soprano 2*
- Michaela DeFranco (Gr 11)- All State Level 6- Alto 2
If you would like to participate in NYSSMA but do not see your name, talk to Mr. Cerullo ASAP!
* = You have spoken to Mr. Cerullo and selected your NYSSMA piece.
Instrumental NYSSMA SOLOISTS 2019: